Do you also think of Diabetic food as healthy and boring? Well, Truly that’s exactly what I thought too but not after I experienced the diabetic food trail – An initiative by Seema Pinto to make diabetic-friendly, healthy food more prominent. The initiative includes well-known restaurants participating and serving the most exquisite and healthy meals you might have ever had (seriously, no kidding!)
- We’ve heard so much about this place but never visited.
- And we wanted to see how a fancy restaurant like Farzi could do healthy food.
Let’s just say we were both happy and satisfied with the outcome.
What we ate:
- Charred Chicken Soup – relish chicken broth that was poured into a bowl with charred chicken pieces and popcorn.
- Somtum Pulled Chicken Salad – A delicious and wholesome salad with a healthy addition of protein rich chicken cubes.
- Whole wheat slider with chicken courgette, carrot, fettucini – An easy snack that had an interesting chutney dressing.
4. Sous-vide Chicken caffreal – Chicken breasts cooked with popular goan caffreal masala and served with carrot foogath was a hearty one-person meal that we completely relished.
5. Duck Laal Masala – The other option was duck in non-veg menu and this one although a little chewy was well-cooked and tasteful too. It was served with buttermilk brown rice that complimented the dish well.
6. Anjeer Akhrot ki Brownie, Tiramisu Kulfi, Hazelnut pops, Ginger Cookie Crumble – Yes, the name is long but this was all one big, low-calorie dessert that we totally relished without any guilt. So healthy and so so tasty! The sweetness was low due to use of all natural sweeteners but it sure made-up for a great end to a healthy meal.
PS: These dishes are part of the Diabetic Food Trail’s special menu created by the restaurant and you can surely enjoy them till the 30th of November. There are a whole lot of other restaurants participating in this food trail such as The Pantry, The Sassy Spoon etc.
Cuisine: Interesting Farzi means to copy in hindi and that’s what Farzi café does but with a twist. So you’ll find all kinds of cuisines here that have been given a spin by Fari café, and their effort is admirable.
Tip: Don’t miss their Hajmola palatte cleanser that’s really unique and tempting. I am not a pan fan but their candy-floss pan is amazing too. The amul shot is also interesting.
Location: Farzi café is located in Kamala Mills, Lower Parel, Mumbai.